Sunday, November 18, 2007

more puppy mills ~ when will it stop?

it's happened AGAIN - - dogs from a hillsville, virginia (a very small town) puppy mill are now at the charlotte humane society. this time the owner had 1,000 dogs - all of which were removed - thank heaven. it was located just 14 miles from the border of north carolina. i just don't understand how not one single person knew this was going on??? hillsville is a very, very small town - you know - the kind where everyone knows everyone and all of their business too - come on people - stop turning a blind eye - report these things. visit the humane society of charlotte for more information on how to adopt these rescued babies click on this information for details on adopting this baby I've had a bit of a tough time lately...my owner passed away and I was rescued by a wonderful veterinarian. I was quite sickly and thin, and was found to have heartworms. I am treated now, and soon will be ready to start my new life. My health is really improving and I am getting my energy back every day! You may not see me outside (I have to stay quiet after my treatment) but you can ask to see me. I am friendly and kinda quiet...just the perfect dog to snuggle up with on the couch. Can you change my luck and help me get my mojo back? Breed: Labrador Retriever Sex: Male Weight: 60 Date of Birth: 1/1/2006 "I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

No comments: